The Kansas Broadband Internet Support center was developed to help you get the most out of your Internet service. We hope you'll find what you need to troubleshoot your issue here. If not, please contact our support team at 800-823-7959.
If you are currently experiencing slowness, or a complete interruption of service, we recommend that you run a power cycle on your equipment.
How To Power Cycle Equipment
Power cycling is a simple procedure in which you turn off equipment in a specific order and then turn it back on again. Performing a power cycle often fixes service issues, so we always recommend that our customers try it first.
Follow these simple steps to power cycle your equipment:
- Locate the power supply (POE) for the radio. It will look similar to one of these pictured.
- Unplug the cable from the port labeled POE (in some cases it may be labeled DATA). Wait 60 seconds and then plug the cable back into the same port.
- Follow the cable from the LAN port on the POE to the device it's connected to. In most cases this will be your router. Find the power cable on the router and unplug it. Wait 60 seconds and plug the power cable back into the router.
- After 2 minutes, check your computer or wireless device to see if you can connect to the router and access the Internet.
- If these steps do not resolve your connection issue, please contact us at 800-823-7959.